Space Age Magazine

... a forum for the High Frontier
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm 

Space Shuttle food tray

View of Astronaut Peggy Whitson, flight engineer (left) and Cosmonaut Valery Korzun, commander (right), eating a meal in the Service Module (SM)/Zvezda. Tomato and hamburger are floating.

Borscht soup in tube, consumed by cosmonauts in space. Item on display in Washington Air and Space Museum, The Mall, Washington DC
فارسی: سوپ بُرش در تیوب ویژه، به عنوان غذا توسط کیهان‌نوردان روسی در فضا مصرف می‌شد. عکس از موزه ملی هوافضا در مرکز شهر واشنگتن دی‌س

WTF is that "hobo" thing on the right?

The three members of the prime crew of the first manned Skylab mission dine on specially prepared Skylab space food in the wardromm of the crew quarters of the Skylab Orbital Workshop (OWS) trainer during Skylab training at the Johnson Space Center. They are, left to right, Scientist-Astronaut Joseph P. Kerwin, science pilot; Astronaut Paul J. Weitz, pilot; and Astronaut Charles Conrad Jr., commander. Date Taken: 1973-03-01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:32 pm 

Yuk! One thing that has never impressed me about space is the food. Micro gravity is not conducive to good food. Space food, like Army ration, are fun and interesting the first time you eat one, but they get really old when you have to eat them for a month (or 6!) straight.

i blame blame wrote:
WTF is that "hobo" thing on the right?

The box says " RH Temp Light External" by the Onset Computer Corporation. My guess would be cabin temperature warning sensor.