Space Age Magazine

... a forum for the High Frontier
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm 
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking [SOME CRAPPY SPAM WEBSITE] at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 pm 

The resources they are worried about are the number of file requests and the bandwidth, which if you are worried about running out of a Terabyte of server space, you might be smokin'. :o

They are outright canceling your contract or they want to bump you to the next service/cost level?

I use Network Solutions hosting, not the cheapest, but they make running multiple domains painless. I don't know what Rick uses and am too lazy to whois it. I'll let him explain, but this board is an order of magnitude under what you need if you are getting kicked for. You want cheap high performance, where this site can get along with cheap low limits. Apples and oranges.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John, welcome... possibly... to the forum!

Various aspects of your profile make me think you are probably a spambot advertising some dismal website hosting company, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure, so I'd best just ask you. John, are you human? :lol:

If you are a bot, then congratulations on being one of the most convincing so far, and if you are a human then sorry for having to ask, and hello!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 pm 

Doh!

But he seemed like such a nice polite young man...